Sunday, February 22, 2009

I love the nightlife.


Some overzealous fashionistas at Radost FX


Prague nightlife is amazing.

I don't know how else to describe it. Everything about day to day typical Czech life echoes old Communism values - except for the nightlife. These people know how to party. A typical night out starts around 8:30 PM and doesn't let up till about 5 AM - unless of course you're ready for an afterparty. If that's the case, then there are a handful of clubs rumored to be operated by the Russian mafia (ex KGB?) that don't seem to follow the curfew.

In the past 2 weekends I have been to the following places:
The Batalion
La Fabrique
Radost FX
Futurum
Chapeau Rouge
ZanziBar
Termix

I am absolutely exhausted.

What's interesting too is the dresscode here. I've seen everything from sky high stilettos, to some guy literally wearing denim overalls (just as horrific as it sounds).

And of course, in typical fashion, I have frequented and am now a huge fan of the gay clubs here. Lucky for me, my first friend here was a fellow fag hag so I was introduced to the world of beautiful men and fabulous house music early on.


The very gay, very packed Termix



Ashley, Peter, Kevin, and I posing as doubledaters



ZanziBar has a MASSIVE menu of every cocktail imaginable


So far, very impressed.

Except with the denim overalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment